The UCAR Center for Science Education, hosted NCAR's third Ignite event on Thursday, February 7, 2013, at the Mesa Lab Main Seminar Room. Eight presenters followed the Ignite format – 20 slides, 15 seconds each – for eight five-minute presentations to enlighten, inspire, or simply make us think a little differently.
Presentation topics focused on issues of relevance to UCAR, NCAR, and UCP staff. Videos of the various presentations from Ignite III as well as prior Ignite NCAR events can be viewed below.
Presenters for NCAR's Ignite III event were (in order shown above):
- Carlye Calvin, Communications
- Jeff Weber, Unidata
- Nancy Wade, Human Resources
- Randy Russell, UCAR Center for Science Education
- Peter Lawrence, Climate and Global Dynamics
- Kate Legg, NCAR Library
- Mike Henry, Government Affairs
- Maureen McCann, guest presenter, broadcast meteorologist from ABC TV's local affiliate, KMGH
See what happened at other Ignite events in the past and what's coming up next!