An Unexpected Storm
What do we know about storms?
An anchoring phenomenon about an unexpected extreme rainfall event prompts students to question how and why storms happen and allows students to relate the storm to their own experiences.
- Teacher Guide
- Designed to guide you through each section of the curriculum by providing step-by-step instructions for lessons, sample videos of activities, background science content, and NGSS connections.
- All Student Activity Sheets for Lesson 1
- Each lesson has activity sheets that you can download separately (see below), or you can download all of the activity sheets used in a learning sequence using the link above.
- Digital Student Activity Sheets for Lesson 1
- Designed to be used with online learning management systems, like Google Classroom. Check out the Digital Worksheet Guide for more instructions on how to use these worksheets. Make sure to log into your Google account before copying any of the sheets to your drive.
- Powerpoint slides have been developed for each section of the curriculum to help organize and guide your students through lessons and activities.
- Embedded Pre-Assessments
- Lesson 1 of GLOBE Weather provides two opportunities for embedded pre-assessment that can illuminate student thinking and prior knowledge about the connection between the water cycle and weather.