Teaching Climate Science and Solutions
9:00 am – 4:30 pm MDT
Climate change discussions don’t have to be scary.. Join us for an in-person workshop at the iconic NSF NCAR Mesa Lab in Boulder, Colorado, where we’ll navigate how to teach climate science to middle and high school students.
In this workshop, we’ll share:
- Ways for students to investigate what climate is, how it’s related to (but different from!) weather, and how it can change
- Activities that have students explore paleoclimate records
- Phenomena students can observe that are affected by a warming climate – like the water cycle and heat waves
- How to address climate change anxiety through solutions, including some that your students can implement themselves
- Free, standards-aligned resources you can use in your classroom immediately
Cost: $30 (lunch and snacks provided)
- 0.5 graduate-level credit from the Colorado School of Mines available for an extra $50 fee.