Lesson 8: Project Implementation
This is an extension lesson to the Project Resilience curriculum in which students finalize and implement one of the adaptation projects from their school resilience plan. It is dependent upon obtaining funds and the appropriate approval from school administration to implement a project on the school campus.
Lesson 8 is divided into two parts. The time needed for Part 2, the implementation of a project, will vary because each project is unique. A lesson plan, including teacher instructions, for each part is linked below:
- Lesson 8: Part 1: Finalizing the Adaptation Project - Students finalize their adaptation project(s) and select one to be implemented.
- Lesson 8: Part 2: Implementing the Project - Students implement an adaptation project from their school resilience plan.
- Teacher Preparation Time: approximately 100 minutes
- Part 1: 100 minutes
- Part 2: *will vary depending on the project selected
Louisiana Student Standards for Science:
- HS-ESS3-4: Evaluate or refine a technological solution that reduces impacts of human activities on natural systems.
- HS-LS2-7: Design, evaluate, and refine a solution for reducing the impacts of human activities on the environment and biodiversity.
- Science and Engineering Practices: Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
- Disciplinary Core Ideas: ETS1.C: Optimizing the Design Solution