Super Science Saturday is a public science celebration that draws thousands of excited and curious people of all ages to the NCAR Mesa Lab to explore science! This event is planned by the UCAR Center for Science Education with support from other UCAR/NCAR/UCP programs and local science education organizations. Join us each fall for a fun day of science!
2020 Super Science Saturday Archive
The NCAR Mesa Lab remained closed through fall 2020 due to COVID-19, but Super Science Saturday prevailed! We held the event virtually on November 7, with a full day of exciting online demos and experiments from augmented reality to infrared radiation to the physics behind medieval trebuchets. We even had a special guest appearance by Mike Nelson, Chief Meteorologist for Denver's Channel 7, who did his Tornado Dance for us!
Explore the fun of Super Science Saturday!
Links to presentation recordings:
- Exploring NCAR Science with Augmented Reality
- Physics of a Medieval Trebuchet
- Rocket Propulsion: Taking the Pulse of the Empire
- Crayons to Computers to Climate, with special guest Mike Nelson—Denver Channel 7's Chief Meteorologist!
- Let's Compare Warm and Cold Air! *This is an interactive activity, you can play along! Find the list of materials here.
- Extreme Cloud Formation (a perfect follow-up to the previous activity!)
- The Wizards are Hot... or Maybe it's Just a Reaction
- What's Up With Weather?
- Infrared, It's Out There!
- The Egg Parachute Challenge: Face Mask Edition
- The World Famous (or at least NCAR-famous) Ping-Pong Ball Explosion!
For more information: Contact Tiffany Fourment at email@example.com