UCAR educators share a new, free unit about the science of weather that combines activities, data analysis, modeling, and weather measurements using GLOBE Program protocols in a multi-day workshop. Through the workshop, teachers are trained to help students understand NGSS-based weather concepts such as the uneven heating of the Earth, local and global atmospheric circulation, and air mass formation and collision as they investigate weather patterns and extreme weather events that we experience.
All curriculum materials can be found on the GLOBE Weather Curriculum website.
GLOBE Weather Workshop at NASA-Langley (August 19-21)
- NASA-Langley slides Day 1
- NASA-Langley slides Day 2
- NASA-Langley slides Day 3
- NASA-Langley Resource Sheet
- Weather Misconceptions Activity
- Talk Science Primer (excerpt)
- Talk Moves Checklist
- NGSS Science Practices
- Sentence Stems
- I2 Strategy for Interpreting Graphs
- GLOBE Weather Supply list with URLs
GLOBE Weather Workshop at SUNY-Fredonia (August 19-21)